Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm looking for the baby

So I thought I'd share a funny story.  A few nights ago, in the middle of the night, my poor husband woke up to me searching through his blankets and feeling around him.  "What are you doing?" he asked.  "I'm looking for the baby" I replied.  I continued to look for her and he asked me again.  By this point I woke up to a bewildered husband, looked over to see my baby asleep in her bed where she should be, and realized I had been asleep the whole time.  It was a dream that my husband had been made an unwilling participant in.  I started laughing hysterically at the absurdity of it all.  I don't know if he was quite as amused.

Before I had my daughter, I used to have very vivid dreams of spiders in my bed and would wake my husband up looking for them.  I wouldn't fully wake up until I turned the lights on.  It was really crazy because I would be so convinced that it was real and would have no idea that I was still asleep until I turned the lights on and would finally realize it was just a dream.  Now I look for my daughter in my bed and I have no idea what ends up waking me up because I don't turn the light on.

Luckily I have never left the bedroom, but it is still a little scary to know that I dream so actively.  It runs in the family though.  My mom talks in her sleep.  She would sit up in bed and have conversations with my dad while she was still asleep and then would ask him why he woke her up when he responded to her.  She had no idea she was talking to him.  My sister and her kids sleep walk.  My sister actually left the house once when she was younger and my dad found her outside our neighbor's house.  My husband is worried about our daughter being like me because she already "talks" in her sleep.  I just hope she doesn't sleep walk because that can be dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment