Thursday, July 21, 2011

Reaching to high?

So I told my mom about my new blog yesterday and she said my goal to blog everyday was a little too ambitious.  She could be right.  Maybe I should be more realistic.  I will definitely have a post every month on the 22nd dedicated to my daughter since she was born February 22nd and she's the whole reason I'm starting this blog.  Beyond that, maybe I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I don't really know how to organize my thoughts when it comes to this blogging business, so there might be a lot of rambling going on.  Anyway, I'm here to blog about being a mom.  Hopefully more than that, but mostly that's why I'm here.

My daughter will be 5 months old tomorrow and while I feel like I'm doing  a pretty good job of caring for her, that's all I'm doing.  Other than that, I feel like I can barely take care of myself let alone keep the house clean or cook dinner.  I get a shower every other day, which was an upgrade from every three days the first couple of months after she was born, and I get laundry done when I run out of clean clothes. A girl has got to have clean underwear!

I feel like I should have this figured out by now; however, any moment I get to myself I just want to relax because there aren't many of those moments to be had.  I'm tired and I don't know how to find the time or energy to get anything done.  I know a happy baby is better than a clean house, but it's easier to say than actually feel it is true when you are sitting in the messy house.

Well, I have to go get ready for my baby and me group.  Tomorrow's post will be about my daughter and what a true joy it is to be her mother.

1 comment:

  1. It gets easier then they are mobile and it all changes again. You are gonna find your mama rhythm soon, but be ready for change all the time. They grow so fast and they make you grow, sometimes the growing pains are very painful but you make it through a family filled with love.

    ReplyDelete