Thursday, August 4, 2011

So many changes

My little girl is going through so many changes right now.  She is starting to sit by herself for a little while, using her arms to prop herself up.  She rolls from her back to her tummy.  She has been so close to doing this for awhile now, but finally made it all the way over on Sunday, July 31.  Ever since then she doesn't really want to be on her back.  Only problem is that she's not satisfied to just stay there on her tummy, she wants to go places.  She gets frustrated that she isn't mobile yet.

Last night my husband and I left her at my brother and sister-in-law's house and while we were gone, she started her first real efforts at scooting.  They have carpet at their house and we don't, so she hasn't really gotten the chance to try at home because she can't get any traction on the hardwood floors.  Lucky for her, today grandma bought her a big rug to practice scooting around on.  Now we need to buy some baby gates so she doesn't scoot right down the stairs!

I also think we're going to start solids very soon because she is eating every 2-3 hours night and day.  Sometimes doing a little cluster feeding every hour a couple times before bed.  She used to sleep 11-12 hours a night waking only once to eat after 8-9 hours.  Now she's waking up all night long to eat.  I try other things to get her back to sleep and when that doesn't work, I feed her.  She doesn't just comfort suck for a minute and fall right back asleep, she gulps like she's starving and she eats just like she does during the day.  I think she's really hungry and is starting to need something more than just breast milk.

So that's where I'm at right now.  Trying to figure out how to handle my baby who needs lots of activity, stimulation and frequent feeding night and day.  I am one exhausted mama.  I look forward to the day when I get to sleep again!

No comments:

Post a Comment