Monday, August 15, 2011

Nothing too exciting going on

I thought I would get in a quick post since it has been awhile.  I left off saying we were going to try solids and I did give her a little rice cereal with a lot of breast milk.  She seemed to think this was a crazy idea.  I don't think she actually swallowed any of it, she just let it drip out of her mouth with this funny look on her face.  That was a week ago and I haven't tried again.  I have to try something else though, because apparently when your baby only poops once a week, rice cereal is not the way to go.

Of course now I'm thinking that I really don't know why she wants to eat at night.  I have lots of theories, but of course she can't tell me if I'm right or wrong. So I guess there just has to be a lot of trial and error.  I don't know if she needs solids or not, but since she will be 6 months next week, it will be time to start anyway.  However, I am now thinking that she isn't eating enough during the day because she is so distracted and she is making up for it at night when things aren't quite as interesting.

I have no idea how to solve that problem other than waiting for it to pass.  In the meantime I am just trying to get used to this more demanding nighttime schedule.

Okay, that's enough for now.  It's time for bed.  I'll try to think of something more interesting for my next post if there is another one before I do my daughter's 6 month post on the 22nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment