Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A Lot of Change

I guess that's what happens when you don't blog for almost a year!

So, we moved to a new city in March.  Only 30 minutes away from where we used to live, but a very big change for us.  We love the area that we moved to and even though it was a little stressful, we are very happy with where we ended up.  There is a small city park right across the street from us and we can walk to a really nice creek trail and also a very cute downtown area.

We were sad to leave the home that Raeya grew-up in for her first 3 years, but this has been a good move for us.  I don't see my friends as often as I used to, but I do see them frequently and I'm working on making new friends in my area.

Raeya started preschool over the summer and we both love her school very much.  It's a Spanish-Immersion preschool, which is very hard to find, and it has everything I had hoped to find in a school for her.  She even made a new best friend there who she loves to play with and looks forward to seeing at school.
 Raeya's 1st day of preschool

Jose just started his last semester of school!!!  I am beyond excited as this has been a long road for us all.  He will have completed his Masters program in May which will bring about a lot more change for us, but I can't wait to have him home more.  Who knows where the job search will take us, but I don't really care because we are all ready to spend more time with him.

And last, our biggest and most exciting news...

Baby #2 will be joining us this summer!!!  The due date is July 30, 2015.  I will be 15 weeks on Thursday.  I feel like I have been waiting forever for this baby, but there is no way I was having another one with Jose in school and working 2 jobs! 

The planning seemed perfect until the horrendous nausea and morning sickness started!  It got so bad that I was throwing-up every 2 hours!  I got medication to stop the throwing-up, but I was still very miserable and could barely function.  Luckily the worst of it was during Jose's winter break from school and I started to feel better just in time for him to go back.  I was nowhere close to being this sick with Raeya, so it kind of caught me by surprise.

I think those are the main things that have happened since I was last on here.  I will try to do more regular updates since I am pregnant and would like to document the journey.  With Raeya, I took pictures every 4 weeks starting at 8 weeks, but since this baby made me so sick, I haven't been doing that.  Sorry baby, that's just how it goes.  I'll try to get the pictures started.  I feel so much bigger this time around!

I do have one crappy cellphone photo that I took at 13 weeks.  I guess I could share that.  Then maybe I'll have motivation to update with a better photo!
So, there's the belly.  I definitely need a better photo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment